Week 5 :: of jazzing it up with TARDIS blue

I have worn this shirt before.

old navy floralThis was taken in early February of this year, back when I was blog-less but texting daily photos of my outfits to my sis who’d been pregnant and had asked me to shoot her a pic every day so she could live vicariously through me.  (Whew!  Run-on sentence much?)

Anyhow, I’d really debated whether or not to wear it again because I had  another outfit planned for today – a way cuter outfit with inspiration pic attached – but Spirit Week trumps me once again.  Today is St. Patrick’s Day and we’re supposed to wear green.

Two days too late but what can you do?  Teenagers.

And since we’ve already established the scarcity of green in my closet, I pretty much had no choice but to wear this top because it covers both the school’s and my themes in one shebang.

Green?  Check.  Floral?  Check.

But how to remix it without being phenomenally bored with myself?  And without the help of an inspiration photo?

Well, first thing’s first: changing the tone.  I’d worn the above outfit on a ditch day so I skewed super casual.  So how about upping the professional ante a bit by throwing on a sharp blazer?  Then, let’s switch up the cheery yellow skinnies with serious TARDIS blue ones.  (For the non-Whovians in the crowd, you really ought to do yourselves a favor and tune in to BBC America this April and watch an episode or twelve of Doctor Who.  Phenomenal!)

picstitch

Instead of flats, how’s about some leg-lengthening high heels?  And finally, the pièce de resistance (for me, anyway, because I’m so new to accessorizing, especially belts) is the addition of that yellow snake print belt.  It picks up the yellow in the shirt and the shoes and gives the whole thing the polish that was missing from the initial outfit.

Et voilà!  C’est si bon, n’est-ce pas?  Even without an inspiration pic, I think I succeeded in totally remixing this top to create a whole new look.  Now here’s hoping I didn’t end up looking like I’d just won the Masters at Augusta.

Top – Old Navy
Jeans – Almost Famous at Tilly’s
Blazer – Daily Look
Heels – Qupid
Belt – Kohl’s

Tagged , , , , , , , ,

13 thoughts on “Week 5 :: of jazzing it up with TARDIS blue

1. mtsedwards says:

@Selah – am buying the tee right now. I think JLC is gonna be a breath of fresh air to the show. Much as I love the Ponds, I felt the whole parent/child dynamic was too diminishing for the Doctor. Can’t wait to see him more in control like the 10th was, but hopefully without the god complex. :p

• Selah says:

My tee was too small 😦
      I ordered my normal size but it was so small it completely flattened my boobs! So, back it goes.
      My sweet husband surprised me with this one instead: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0052M2Q6W
      It’s unisex instead if baby doll but I don’t care – I still have a tee to wear on Saturday!
      I hope you have better luck with one you ordered.

Luckily I hadn’t actually ordered mine yet coz I spent it on shoes instead. I shall definitely order two sizes too large; I like my tees oversized anyway. Two more days!!!

Clara? There’s someone in Dr. Who named Clara? I love the pic with the Uppity Women book. Must figure out the focusing issue. MeMe says it is a combo of florescent lighting and no flash, but the flash doesn’t look good either : / Loved the three colors : )

I dunno about flash and lighting coz the uppity women pic came out so sharp and crisp. Maybe we’re both over thinking and just need to keep snapping photos? Oh, and remind me to show you next week what Paul showed me about height and angles (I guess he looked at my blog too. Scary!)

3. Anna P says:

Nice outfit. Love the colors. Dang, I give you props for wearing those shoes to work. Don’t step on anyone’s toes : )

4. Shane Suri says:

An episode, or 12, of the Dr. Yup, that about sums it up. I do think this is pretty sharp and the color triangle works really well. Those bright yellow shoes kind of had me sitting on the fence but it works so well, how can you really not like it?

I love yellow! for years, they’d told me my coloring couldn’t stand it but now that I’m of a certain age, I don’t really care and will rock it any chance I get!

5. Selah says:

Oh, my little Whovian heart skipped a beat at the title of this post! I just ordered this tee specifically to wear on Easter (after church): http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/f25d/
    The first 6 seasons of the reboot are on Netflix streaming. My husband and I just completed a marathon viewing. 🙂

Aaaah! Must. Buy. That. Shirt!

Would totally keep good company with the one I already own: http://www.threadless.com/product/2899/Doctor-Hoo

Sorry for the misleading title, Selah, but aren’t you just totally giddy for Clara?! Can’t wait for March 30th!

• Selah says:

We are very excited about Clara! Jenna Louise Coleman was fantastic in the otherwise dismal Titanic mini-series AND she was amazing as Oswin (that was the first full episode I ever watched). I think she will really bring a lot to an already fantastic show. And, of course, you’re right, Doctor Who comes back the day before Easter. How did I get that wrong?!?

• Selah says:

Oh, and that tee is on sale right now. 🙂