So I decided to quit whingeing about my lack of green and do something about it.
Unfortunately, no one seems to feel the same way I do. No one in the fashion retail industry anyway. They’re all too enamored of mint to pay any attention to kelly green and it’s definitely off season for emerald. What’s a girl to do?
eBay to the rescue!
Unless you’ve been residing beneath a boulder for the last 15-odd years or so, you know of the behemoth that is eBay. And it doesn’t matter if you’ve never bid, bought or sold – eBay has become a part of our collective consciousness, synonymous with online auctions the way Xerox has become synonymous with photocopying.
This isn’t going to be an eBay tutorial, but I do have to wax enthusiastic over the site’s supermegafoxyawesomehot search engine. Once you’ve experienced eBay searching, you can never go back. Even Google pales in comparison. Because, my friends, I started with the words “green top” and from there, I was given the option of Category (women’s clothing), Format (Buy It Now), Size Type (regular/juniors), Size (M,L,8,10), Brand, Style, Occasion, Color, Sleeve Style, Condition, Price, and Item Location. Is that cray cray or what?!
So here’s the list, culled and pared down by KS#2, but you can certainly chime in with your two cents’ worth. And I promise this time I won’t buy anything until the day’s end. ;p
- Long-sleeved military – the most expensive of the bunch. Do we like those pockets and mandarin collar or is it a pass?
- Chiffon two-tone – the black trim may be au courant now but will it date me a few months down the road?
- Ruffles and pearls – too twee? Can’t decide if I love or hate the sleeves.
- Scala – never heard of this brand but I guess it’s really popular in Brazil. The seller is in the U.S. which is always a plus coz shipping will be quickest.
- Batwing – I’ve actually bought this top in cream before then gave it away because I was too big. Have lost weight since then. Do I risk it?
- Tank top – it’s a tank top. How versatile will it be?
- Batwing stripe – okay, so it’s not green. And okay, KS#2 says it’s too big and shapeless. But something about it still appeals to me and I want more people to ring in with opinions on this one. If it’s a yes, do I get the red stripe or the teal?