Need I say more beyond my subject line?
It truly was the best day ever, enhanced tenfold by the fact that it was my day off and I got no texts from work and didn’t even think about work once.
I truly felt like I was on holiday.
So how did I love thee, day off? Let me count the ways:
- I slept in until 9:45.
- We went wine tasting at Zorvino Vineyards in New Hampshire.
- I purchased two of the most delectable wines this side of the Mississippi.
- We lunched at Plaza Azteca and I ordered a 10″ burrito; Mexican food never tasted so good.
- I went on a mini shopping expedition and purchased much-needed items: a pair of rain flip flops, boat shoes, two maxi skirts, anti-itch cream and two bottles of OFF bug spray.
- I did laundry with real laundry detergent and fabric softener.
- I finally got to watch a movie – my first of the summer! – in an AMC theatre that has reclining seats. Channing Tatum wasn’t half bad, either.
- KS#1 gave me a pedicure.
- I caught up with four episodes of Franklin and Bash while killing one of the aforementioned bottle of wine (Fragole – bliss!)
And of course, the company was phenomenal. I always have a grand time with KS#1, but spending the day with both her and her husband was double the grandness. R is such a genuinely nice guy whose niceness is tempered with a dry streak that comes out when he’s around KS#1. Together, they’re like Desi and Lucy, and it was nonstop entertainment all day.
Viva la day off!
:: Just the facts, ma’am ::
Top – Merona @ Target
Shorts – F21