Not that they need a tax-free weekend since regularly, it’s only 6% (as opposed to California’s exorbitant 9%).
But, heck! I’m not complaining. I purchased things that I normally wouldn’t have to take advantage of this most fortuitous event. I think that I ended up with a pretty decent haul, don’t you?
- Urban Decay Revolution in Rapture – I would never even think of spending this much on a lipstick. But the color payback is phenomenal and it sticks. I mean, really sticks. I ate pizza and had multiple swigs from my water bottle and it looked like I’d just applied. I think this might be my HG lipstick for work, and since it’s got lasting power, the CPW of it is truly a win.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Venom – If the lipstick has staying power, then a pencil should have twice as much, right? Yes, yes it does. I got it in this color to change things up and to layer under Rapture for a deeper shade.
- MAC Turquatic – I had been in need of a new scent anyway, and had been thinking about Coach’s Poppy or DKNY’s Be Delicious, but when KS#1 paused at the MAC counter, this one was so temptingly displayed. I stopped for the bottle then stayed for the scent. With “anemone, lotus, orris, and a curious waft of Corsican Blue Cedar”, the smell is so fresh and intriguing that I think it will be my new signature fragrance.
- Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base – I’d tried this before – KS#1 had given me the dregs of her last one – and it’s uh-mazing! It keeps my lashes up and defined and I feel I don’t have to put on as much mascara, so I’m saving in that regard. At least, that’s how I’m spinning it in my head.
- L’oreal True Match Powder C2 – This is a staple in my makeup kit, eliminating shine and giving my face that finished look. I’d hit pan after seven weeks so this was a definite necessity.
- NYX Cream Blush in Tickled – J’adore this blush because it’s so easy to apply, with or without a brush. I also love this particular color because it gives me a rosy glow without looking too “made up”. Another must-have for me.
- Longchamp ‘Le Pliage’ Tote in Slate – You all know that I’m not a purse person (thank God or I’d never get out of debt, what with my other obsession with shoes and clothes). KS#1 had been talking a lot about this one, though, but it wasn’t until she actually showed it to me that I realized I knew of this bag. My EXPLO friend Emily had one in navy and carried it around everywhere, and it looked so versatile and so effortless. KS#1’s raving about it sealed the deal. Is it pricey? Yep. Does it fit both my Macbook and my trusty water bottle without killing my shoulder? Yep. Will it be my go-to work bag this school year? Abso-frikking-lutely.
The sweater was $15 and the shirt was $19. A little more than I normally pay at F21, but I had cleaned out my wallet and realized I had 4 – count ’em, 4! – store credits, so we’ll call these purchases free, shall we?
So here’s the big question: do all these count for my anniversary shopping spree? Or can I call some of it necessity, some of it a splurge from my last EXPLO paycheck, and the rest part of the spree? If the latter, how much more do you think I can spend before we call it even?