Continuing the theme from yesterday, and at the risk of sounding like a broken record, today I give you 5 things that make me feel better when I’m under the weather.
- Arroz Caldo – Looks so easy to make and I have most of the ingredients at home, but it requires fresh, raw ginger root which requires a trip to the store and I’m at the whiny stage, remember? So I want someone to go to the store for me and make this for me and baby me back to health.
- Calamansi juice – Thank goodness for Filipino TAs who provide me with the fruit. I’ve had a pitcher of this going for the past four days, but I’m running low. I’m hoping to twist the hubby’s arm and get him to find then plant me a calamansi fruit tree of my very own.
- Scarves – Preferably the warm, wooly, long-enough-to-wrap-wround-my-neck-three-times variety. Even when the weather flirts with the 80s, when I’m sick, I like the weight and the warmth around my neck. It’s comforting and fools my body into thinking it’s getting hugs, which we can always use when we’re feeling icky.
- Tea – Specifically Japanese and/or Chinese ones
- Sleep – Please? A good, uninterrupted eight hours for five consecutive days? Is that possible?