I remember giving this venture a good six months tops before I gave up.
We’re now coming up on month eleven and it hasn’t gotten tedious yet. I think this is because I’m in constant flux, trying new things and improving on old ones. And we all know what a novelty whore I am. So, as long as my brain is kept wheeling and twirling with blog revisions, I think its longevity is assured. For another six months at least.
Here, then, are the top 5 tweaks that I feel have not only kept me from throwing up my hands in boredom and giving up but have also made this blog a lot more professional/accessible.
- Bolding all links – This may not seem like a big deal, but I think it gives a subliminally seamless feel to the posts.
- Choosing to provide fewer links – When I made the decision not to sweat the rule of three when it came to coming up with shopping links, my life became that much easier.
- Finally settling into weekend features – After what felt like a schizophrenic several months, rotating between 5 Things, HGB and WIT really helps make the blog feel cohesive.
- Photoshop – I may not be an expert, but Paul the IT God showed me enough about curves and filters and my pictures have never looked better.
- Investing in ingenious gadgets – This will be an HGB feature in and of itself, but it bears mentioning here: the purchase of a case, a stand and a Kickstarter invention has truly revolutionized, not to mention streamlined, my blogging experience.