So some people do resolutions at the New Year but I recently read a blog post that brought up a good point: why make resolutions only at the start of a new year? Why not make them as you go along and as needed?
Of course, once you deconstruct this concept, you realize it’s not actually making resolutions at all; it’s really making lifestyle changes. Which, at the end of the day, is what we all need to do to make things stick, yeah?
Anyhow, rather than resolutions then, I make these 2014 predictions for myself and this blog. By calling them predictions, I’m not committing to them; I’m just gonna pull a Macbeth and If chance will have me king, why, chance may crown me. Without my stir.
And at year’s end, we can all look back and either laugh at my naiveté or laud my doggedness. So today I present to you my MCC predictions for 2014:
- I will continue to obsess over Doctor Who and all things blue and/or Doctor Who inspired.
- I will phase out stilettos in favor of – gasp! – sensible shoes as my body and especially my feet continue to atrophy with age.
- In keeping with #2, I’ll be pulling away from the classy/uptown looks and veering more into the funky/downtown ensembles.
- It’ll be less about the clothes and more about the accessories.
- I’ll be more willing to spend more but shop less.