We’re coming up on MCC’s one-year anniversary next month and I’ve been taking a trip down memory lane.
I’ve grinned at clever posts, cringed at bad photos, patted myself on the back for particularly unique ensembles. I remember when I solidified my layout, when I perfected a cohesive collage routine, when I discovered Photoshop. I saw when my sisters’ commenting tapered off and when other fellow style bloggers swooped in to take their places.
I was pretty naive in those early days, but it’s amazing to see the progression I’ve made, right down to knowing which angles are best and what time of the day produces good light. I know I have still a lot to learn, though, so today, I give you the 5 Things that have been rattling around in my brain regarding blog improvement.
Here’s hoping my fairy blogmother(s) will come and help me out with an answer or 5.
1. Do you click on “notify me” when you leave responses on other people’s blogs?
2. Do you prefer likes or one-liner comments on your own blog?
3. If someone follows your blog, do you automatically follow them back?
4. Do you like blog buttons? Do you use them on yours? Do you promote others’ on yours?
5. Do you respond to every single comment on your blog? How do you decide which one to address and which one to leave by the wayside? What about one-liner comments?
Okay, so I cheated because clearly, there are multiple-part questions bundled as one. So more than 5 Things. But I wouldn’t be an effective English teacher if I didn’t provide follow-up questions to the initial one, right?