OOTD :: of snazzying up a sweatshirt

2.12.14

2.12.14

2.12.14

Hullo, Wordless Wednesday! Thank you for hosting my first-ever stab at sporty chic. A sweatshirt and pearls, for the win!

Sweatshirt – Mossimo @ Target
Skirt – Merona @ Target
Neckace – jcp
Pumps – Janine @ Payless

WIWW @ The Pleated Poppy

Tagged , , , , , ,

12 thoughts on “OOTD :: of snazzying up a sweatshirt

1. […] Thursday:  I geeked out!  Inspired by Maricel.  […]

I love that top with the polka dot skirt! And there’s that blue color again. What does it remind me of?

3. Why on Earth would your sisters say this sweatshirt was icky?!?! I LOVE it! Nice pattern mixing too – now I’m going to have to try a graphic tee with my navy polka dot cardigan. 🙂

I like graphic prints that are more abstract than derivative, with the exception of Doctor Who tees, of course. When people accept that it’s meant to be nothing specific, they give up trying to peer so closely at your chest.

And yes, I bet any one of your graphic tees would look splendid with that polka dot cardi!

4. marmargerbil says:

I’m always a fan of polka dots, and this combination is SO CUTE!

5. dapperdolly says:

Very innovative indeed and a very eclectically attractive ensemble! The print on the sweatshirt is so abstract and then held between classic polka and pearls. Too cool. 🙂

And to think my sisters told me the sweatshirt was icky and I almost returned it. Goes to show that harnessing my inner curmudgeon (or is it “crone” for women?) pays off in the end.

Btw, did you notice that itty bitty spot of cobalt blue in the sweatshirt that prompted the pairing of the cobalt pumps? ;p

• dapperdolly says:

Lol you can use curmudgeon or crone; I tend to go with grumply old git or Oscar the Grouch when referring to myself 😛

Nope I didn’t notice that but I did say to mum that there must be a reason why your skirt and shoes were different shades of Blue, and now I know 🙂

6. One of your best outfits, if you ask me!

~Sarah of Sarah’s Real Life (Beauty Giveaway in progress!)

Ah, Sarah! I think it’s the simplicity that appeals to you. Thanks for stopping by. It makes me feel better to know I’m even on your radar since I lurk on your blog meself. ;p