And the accolades keep a-comin’!
At the risk of seeming prideful and hubris-riddled, I present to you the Shine-On Award. Thank you to Dolly @ Substance AND Style for nominating me. I don’t think I’ll ever tire of getting these because, chain letter connotations notwithstanding, they validate my status as a full-fledged style blogger and a viable part of the community. I’m still as giddy and gleeful about it as I was the first time I received one.
And now, on with the show…
If you would like to accept and forward the award on, the “Shine On” Award rules are:
* Display the award logo to your blog.
* Show appreciation by acknowledging the blogger who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
* Share 7 random, interesting things about yourself.
* Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and happily pass on this award, making sure to link their blog into your post.
* Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know.
My 7 Random Facts:
1. When I was single-digit years old, I used to tear off the top edges of whatever book I was then reading and absent-mindedly eat them. Yes, I’m weird. I guess you could call me the ultimate bookworm, eh?
2. I have two tattoos but I got them both before tats were mainstream which means they’re tiny and symbolic rather than large, colorful and ornamental.
3. I stand up for all my wardrobe choices regardless of unmerciful teasing from him, but somehow I allow my husband to dictate the length of my hair. (Oh, how I long for a chin-skimming bob or pixie cut!)
4. I studied British Literature, I teach British Literature, I want to retire in England, both my kids have British names, I watch BBCAmerica more than U.S. shows. I am an inveterate Anglophile. And yet…I can’t do a British accent to save my life.
5. I must always have equal parts rice and meat (or bread and meat, or pasta and meat; basically starch and meat) or I won’t finish whatever’s left on my plate.
6. I always root for the sidekick. So Han Solo over Luke Skywalker. Robin over Batman. Watson over Sherlock. But…it’s always the Doctor. You just can’t pick companions over the Doctor. ;p
7. Plaid is my favorite color.
And now, my nominees…
- A Bibliophile’s Style
- A Colourful Canvas
- Fort Smith Stylista
- Greater Than Rubies
- High Latitude Style
- Muse Fondue
- Not Dead Yet
- One Pair of Shoes at a Time
- Putting Me Together
- Respect the Shoes
- Searching the Inner Me
- Snow in the Air
- Style and Substance
- Thoughts From the Shower
I admire all these ladies for their brilliance – either for fashion or for words or, in most cases, for both. This list looks suspiciously like my blogroll but that just goes to show you that I’ve curated it well. I only ever follow people I truly respect. Do yourselves a favor and click on their links; you won’t be disappointed.