OOTD :: of radiant orchid and dazzling blue

radiantorchid

3.25.14

3.25.14

3.25.14

I almost saved this outfit for Wordless Wednesday because I think it’s such a perfect outfit – the colors! the swingy skirt! the owl pendant! – that it transcends explanation. But Dazzling Blue is really just TARDIS blue in disguise, so it’s only fitting that I make use of this ensemble today.

Unfortunately, I’m truly at a loss for what to say about it.

Perhaps I could point out the fact that this dress has pockets? Or what if I told you it’s made of this lovely, thick stretchy fabric that hugs without accentuating? And I guess I should make note of that lovely pleated neckline that adds visual interest to an otherwise ultra-simple bodice.

Well. I guess I did have some thoughts after all, eh? Anyhow, I think I should stop while I’m ahead and simply say I feel pretty in this outfit and encourage you to head on over to Alex’s site and join us in Color Me Tuesday.

Pantone, ftw!

Dress – ASOS
Cardi – F21
Necklace – F21
Pumps – Janine @ Payless

Alex @ Undergraduate Style

Tagged , , , , ,

23 thoughts on “OOTD :: of radiant orchid and dazzling blue

1. dan says:

I like your blue dress! And it goes very well with the bright colour of the cardigan…very nice on you!

Those colors are great together! Pantone needs to know about Radiant Orchid dating TARDIS blue – they’re a pretty hot combination.

The owl necklace is pretty cute, so similar to ’70s style. They must be making a comeback.

My mother owned a similar owl necklace that I remember playing with as a kid in the ’70s. Comeback indeed!

And I do think Pantone has an inkling – they did throw them together slyly on that infographic. Coincidence? I think not! ;p

P.S. You’ve got a package headed your way.

3. Carly says:

Gorgeous colors together and on you! Beautiful!

4. Gorgeous outfit! The colors are beautiful together and a great palette on you!

Thanks for stopping by, Carrie! I’ve been stalking your daughter swaps and can’t wait for mine to be a wee bit older so we can do the same. 😀

5. You’re right! This is a perfect outfit! The dress fits you wonderfully, the colors are so vibrant and I don’t even know what to say about the owl necklace 🙂

6. I never would have thought to pair those two colors together, but they look so vibrant and lively! Thanks so much for linking up, Maricel!

Ahaha! I can’t take credit for the color pairing – I just followed your Pantone infographic for inspiration. More to come in the following days…

7. Connie Snow* says:

These colors are PERFECT for you. And pockets? This is just too much beauty.

8. suzannecarillo says:

I love the colours here.

bisous
    Suzanne

9. Love the colors, and the owl – I’m very partial to owl jewelry! You look lovely, and happy. xox

10. dapperdolly says:

Radiant and dazzling indeed, very eye popping and gorgeous. That dress is a show stopper.

I have little regard for Pantone though.

Huh. Is Pantone not good people?

• dapperdolly says:

I just don’t like them with a ton of other big players in industrial manufacturing that have given no care to environmental or ethical compositions until they had to and it’s still just pissing in the wind.

Then I don’t like them decadently deciding on colours/fashions and acting/being seen like the gods of colour when they’re just copying the order of the spectrum, light is light and was there before they came along. Even complimentary colour was there before them.

That does not change my opinion of your outfit though 🙂

11. Ooh, this is PERFECT! I’ve heard you say you don’t have a defined waist – either you’re lying, or this dress is magical!
    I updated my post with a bonus Dazzling Blue outfit. I think you’ll get a kick out of it (just don’t make fun of my hair).

Never! I’ve had my share of bad hair days. Laughing at others would just be bad karma. And yes, the dress is magical. I really don’t have a waist. Honest!