OOTD :: of wheeling and dealing

4.16.14

4.16.14

4.16.14

Hullo, Wordless Wednesday!

Thanks for being the perfect arena for me to showcase a novelty print top and plaid trousers simultaneously and not have to provide commentary for an outfit that could potentially put me over the top and into the crazy lady category.

Quick note: recognize that top? Once, a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, it was a Jason Wu dress that was too big for me. Huzzah for amazing tailors!

Another quick note: It’s T minus one day and counting for T3, my friends! Get your book on!

Top – Jason Wu @ Target
Trousers – Worthington @ jcp
Pumps – Seychelles

WIWW @ The Pleated Poppy
52 Pick-me-up @ SpyGirl
Remix Rewear Restyle @ Greater Than Rubies

Tagged , , , , ,

17 thoughts on “OOTD :: of wheeling and dealing

1. Maria M says:

I love the pattern mixing! So fun 🙂

2. So cool that your shirt used to be a dress! I can’t even tell…it looks like it was MADE to be that way!

3. I’m still loving this pattern mix! The neutral color palette and simple accessories definitely keep it from being crazy. You seemed a bit ill at ease in the dress, but you’re obviously loving it at a blouse!

4. jangrahammcmillen says:

Excellent. Close to a perfect spring 2014 outfit for SOCAL days! Lovely inspiration for remaking problematic garments. Very sleek, all the way.
    If this is for a Wordless Wednesday, am I allowed to reply via comments? I thought about sending you a video of an interpretive dance expressing my joy at seeing your post, but thought better of it. This is your lucky day, therefore.

5. Whatever you did with the first photo is awesome fun. I adore your outfit pics, btw, you always look like you’re having fun and not taking yourself too seriously – love that!

Oh, it’s a new filter I got for the photo app I use. Glad you like it. And thanks for the comment about my not taking myself seriously – I never do. But if I ever look like it, I’m hoping you all bust my ego and bring me back down to reality. ;p

6. Playful and cute – love it!

7. dapperdolly says:

Your first pic reminded me of Pee Wee Herman 🙂 interesting and fun print combo.

I’m probably going to merge T3 and FF this week, too much juggling (does PW Herman juggle? Probably lol can’t remember) doubt I can do two outfits over two days so will do a double on Friday.

I LOVE Pee Wee Herman! I didn’t even think about him with the bicycle print! But I bet it’s my expression that made you think of him, eh?

No worries on T3. It seems a lot of folks are having some trouble with it this month. I’ve been thinking of revising the parameters of the linkup. Any thoughts?

8. Well, you don’t LOOK like a crazy lady. 😉
    I love it! Also, my T3 post is done – I know you were a little worried.

Oh, good. So it works for you? Excellent! This means I’ve not lost my sense and sensibilities! ;p

Yay for T3! I wasn’t worried – just apprehensive. And I dunno if you’ve been following the thread from last time but Val and I were having a convo about perhaps tweaking the parameters of T3 so it wouldn’t be too challenging/complicated/similar to Gracey’s? Now that we’ve been at it for a couple of months and seen the results from ourselves and others, what do you think?

• I really think the most challenging part is being inspired by a current read. We’ve never put strict parameters on what form the inspiration should take, and we’ve gotten lots of varying responses – which I like. I have no problem with people using something they’ve read a few months ago, or even just a favorite book, as inspiration. Sometimes my current read just isn’t that sartorially inspirational. 🙂