OOTD :: of life imitating art

4.23.14

4.23.14

4.23.14

Hullo, Wordless Wednesday!

Thank you for letting me interpret Mother Nature Madness in any way I see fit. (Anne never said I couldn’t use props, and that giraffe is the perfect inspiration prop!)

Dress – Ross
Cardi – Charter School cardi @ Modcloth
Pumps – Seychelles
Necklace – Fashion Stop

WIWW @ The Pleated Poppy
52 Pick-me-up @ SpyGirl

Tagged , , , , , , ,

18 thoughts on “OOTD :: of life imitating art

1. […] then I found that pic of the giraffe and the tree and I saw that this week would be the yellow week anyway and, well. It was a no-brainer after that. […]

You are so clever! I love the way you’re interpreting nature.

I’m waiting for your offering, lady! You always have something just as creative, if not more so!

• Val S says:

After a big burst of creativity earlier in the month, I’m feeling rather subdued right now. All I want to do is read!

Ooooh! Anything good? I just experienced a HUGE letdown with James Patterson’s YA series, Maximum Ride. Who told this man he could write YA?! Am in the market for something to cleanse my palate.

3. I’m loving your green cardi and the print on your dress!

xo,
    Angela

I love the juxtaposition of your giraffe and tree! Trees! Trees! Anyhow, it goes beautifully together.

5. You and the giraffe are totally fabulous!

6. Oh, I LOVE it! The outfit is perfection – the print, the mossy green, the NECKLACE! And your hair is STUNNING! Sorry I’m yelling, but it’s just that awesome! 😀

Ha! And I bet you loved that it posted earlier this morning, eh?

But yeah, I was quite pleased with my hair in this shoot too. Too bad I couldn’t replicate it this morning and am currently sporting limp, clean hair. I’m tellin’ ya – it’s all about dirty hair. ;D

• Of course I love that it posted early! The dirty hair thing is part of why I shower at night. 😛

Okay, I’m a dedicated night showerer too. How does that keep your hair dirty short of using a shower cap (which I do) on days you want to skip the shampoo? Is there another secret I’m not privy to? :/

• Oh, I just meant that my hair has 8-12 hours to get “dirty” overnight (and I only wash it every other night).

Oh, gotcha! See, I still consider it “clean” even if it’s gone on overnight. “Dirty” to me means product in hair that’s had time to set and warm up and conform to the actual style it was holding. Does that make sense? So short of throwing product in my hair after I shower then sleeping on it, I guess I’m just gonna throw my fate in the hands of the hair gods. ;p

• That makes sense. I almost never use product, so my freshly washed hair is too fluffy / frizzy. If I sleep on it, it gets just oily enough to have some sleekness. Of course, my hair “style” is completely dependent on the cut, as I do almost nothing to it.