OOTD :: of stripes, waists and Sophia Loren

5.14.14

5.14.14

5.14.14Hullo, Wordless Wednesday!

Thank you for allowing me to play at being an Italian vixen with my tucked in top and emphasized waist.

Please forgive some words today as I continue sharing quotes from my fascinating T3 book.

The profound desire for something new perhaps is linked with the strong urge we have to be alive, just to be living. Unconsciously, we understand that to live is to be in perpetual motion, and motion propels change. Fashion is always moving; its tendency to abandon abruptly a particular hemline, or color or style of jacket, or even a whole way of thinking about how women dress, getting rid of hats and gloves and pearls – fashion’s maddening short-term memory takes you farther and farther away from the past…

Time past, time present, and time future are encapsulated in what we wear, our mutable identities constantly finding expression in a dress or a pair of shoes.

Pssst! Hey, you! Have you got your T3 outfit going on for tomorrow?! Pass it on!

Top – F21
Skirt – Ann Taylor @ eBay
Belt – NY&Co. (worn backwards)
Flats – Dexflex @ Payless

WIWW @ The Pleated Poppy
52 Pick-me-up @ SpyGirl

Tagged , , , , ,

25 thoughts on “OOTD :: of stripes, waists and Sophia Loren

1. […] monogram necklace – I’d asked for this last year and my kiddos interpreted it this way. Of course, we all know I meant this way. I still want it, but I may just have to be content with […]

Mama mia, that’s some bella figura! I bet that’s a fun outfit to wear – not just the pattern mix, but that sexy, no-apologies silhouette! You look fantastica!

I did so worry that the stripes and my lack of actual torso would make my boobage look massive but at the end of the day, I just didn’t care. And the bonus is that I was nice and cool all day even in 100+ temps. Huzzah for cotton skirts!

3. lifesapartydli says:

Such a fun skirt! Absolutely love it!

xo, Paige
    lifesapartydli.blogspot.com

4. Wink n Pout says:

Well you are surely channeling Sophia… ! and from your yesterday’s outfit to today…. such a transformation! Loving your versatile style!

Love, Wink n Pout
    Blog , App

I’ve always maintained that I was a fashion chameleon; it’s how I justify my indiscriminate shopping sprees. 😀

5. Dawn Lucy says:

Cute look! I love the navy floral with the stripes! Excited about this new midi length trend.

Huh. Does it photograph navy? ‘Coz it’s actually black, but hey! As long as it looks good! 😀

6. Niiiiice pattern mix. Love the skirt!

7. Beautiful skirt! I love stripes and florals. I found you through Pleated Poppy. If you get a chance, I’d love it if you visited me on my blog sometime 🙂 Have a beautiful day!

Wonderful quote! And gorgeous skirt/top combo. xox

9. Rachel G says:

That skirt is so lovely! I think defined waists really make for a great style on any woman!

I’m slowly warming up to it. For a long time, I always hid what I thought as my nonexistent waist under layers and/or oversized tunics.

10. erica says:

love love love this combo

11. I LOVE it! Stripes & floral are a great pattern mix (I actually thought this was a dress until you said your shirt was tucked in).

Nice juxtaposition of stripes and floral!