We think he’s a cattle dog, a Blue Heeler mix to be exact.
The hubs is thoroughly enamored of him. I think he’s a beast. The irony, of course, is that I was the one who found him and pushed for the adoption.
The hubs is the one who named him, however, and even though I still maintain to this day that he picked it simply so he could cackle wickedly any time we give the “Jack! Off!” command (and trust me, a cattle dog is a leaper and that command must be uttered in our household at least ten times a day), the name does lend itself nicely to fun variations.
Here, then, are the top 5 monikers. And thanks to Sue @ A Colourful Canvas for giving me the idea for today’s topic.
- Jack-Jack – the default name because a one-syllable name isn’t enough when you’re calling a dog to come in from the backyard
- the Jackness Monster – what I call him when he’s jumped on me full force with all 60 pounds and leaves claw marks on my chest
- Jacknado – what the kids call him when he tears through the house and up and down the stairs after the hubs gets him worked up
- Jacktastic – what we call him when he leaps six feet and catches a ball in mid air for the twentieth time
- Jacko – what the hubs calls him when it’s bath time
So, yeah. He looks calm in these pics but you really don’t want to come a-calling unless he’s in his kennel or the backyard. He’s one protective animal and will tear you apart. But for some reason, he loves me and loves nothing more than to crawl onto my lap – all 60 pounds! – and get a good cuddle in.
Looks can be deceiving indeed.