OOTD :: of silver and seasonally inappropriateness

7.11.14

7.11.14

7.11.14

According to Car and Driver, the 2014 Honda Civic “remains conservative at its core, with dressy styling and a spacious if somewhat space-age interior.”

Okay, I just can’t get away from it; I guess I did have to create a silver ensemble after all. How else to interpret space-age, eh?

Thank goodness I had the perfect item: this Behnaz Sarafpour for Target mini that I acquired during my Target/Designer collab Mad Hunt. I thought I’d have to wait till fall to wear this beauty because of its luxe material: a thick, sturdy brocade threaded with silver.

But we SoCal folk are nothing if not seasonally inappropriate. So here I am, channeling my Honda Civic by wearing a silver skirt (dressy styling; space-age) with pinstripes and argyle (Conservative? I think so). To give the whole look a summer vibe, I kept my go-to sandals on and I must say I like the whole incongruity of it all.

A big “thank you” once again to Anne @ SpyGirl for challenging me to think beyond the norm; this week really helped me get creative and I was able to complete 2500/day on my novel with relative ease.

Shirt – tobi
Vest – F21
Skirt – eBay
Sandals – Merona @ Target

Friday’s Fab Favorites @ Style Elixir
52 Pick-me-up @ SpyGirl

Tagged , , , , , , ,

12 thoughts on “OOTD :: of silver and seasonally inappropriateness

1. I want those sandals!!! You should send them to me. 🙂
    Debbie

Great pattern mixing! You’re so good at thinking outside the box (and sticking to schedules). And you’re writing 2500 words a day?! Is this the one about Aloysius? I can’t wait to read more!

Aloysius plays a key role, yes, but he’s not the main protagonist. I shall keep you posted if you really want to read more.

I love me a good schedule; I am truly a Type A personality.

Love all these fabrics together, M! My Honda Accord was a fabulous car, I kept it for seven years and had a lot of great life experiences surrounding it. xox

Thanks, Patti. This outfit was one I didn’t think I could pull off but on camera, the pieces look so editorial put together like this so I am quite pleased with the results.

4. Anything that inspires you to write is awesome! This is a completely selfish statement on my part. 😉

5. Anne the SpyGirl says:

Glad to help inspire you!
    I really like this combo. A great mixture of patterns and textures!

6. I’m loving all this talk of Honda Civics since I’ve been lovingly driving one since 2001. I admire your ability to throw together pieces and have it truly work! I’m not sure I would have ever thought to put this combination together but you look amazing, as usual!

Awww, thanks, Whitney! Honestly, as I told Patti, I was really apprehensive about this outfit. Sometimes, my radar is off and I fear looking like someone’s eccentric grand-aunt, and not in a good way. ;p