OOTD :: of disco, Halston dresses and missing my mojo

7.21.14

7.21.14

7.21.14

This week is Disco Divas @ SpyGirl and even though I’d already done a 70s look, I just couldn’t resist participating and going whole hog this time.

Because check out this ensemble: floppy hat, platform wedges, and a Halston-esque dress? The only thing that would’ve made it perfection is if the dress had been a maxi. With pockets.

I’m also once again revisiting the idea of contact lenses. This, on the tail end of getting my son his first pair last week and perhaps envying him the freedom of them just a bit. Because with contacts on, I can actually sport these sunnies for real and not just for half-blind photo shoots.

I’m keeping things short and simple this week because I think I’m hitting the slump on my novel. You know, when the novelty has worn off and now it’s become a bit of a slog and my betas have realized that they have something called real life too and can’t give this feedback whore instant gratification which is okay, of course, but no feedback means no inspiration which means the writing has become a bit of a slog. (See what I did there with that run-on sentence? Full circle, my friends.)

But yeah. That slump is zapping my writing mojo which means I can’t even be clever for y’all at the mo’. So I’ll just play with filters and amuse you with pictures instead. Deal?

Dress – Ross
Hat – Target
Wedges – BRASH @ Payless

52 Pick-me-up @ SpyGirl
Style to Inspire @ Rhea Et Cetera
Sophisticated Style Link Up @ Fashionably Employed

Tagged , , , ,

22 thoughts on “OOTD :: of disco, Halston dresses and missing my mojo

1. Rhea says:

this outfit is too cute maricel! ❤

rhea @ rheaetcetera.com

Thanks, Rhea! It was one of those impulse buys at Ross and then I never wore it and it languished in my closet until now. Good thing I hung on to it, eh?

2. Good thing you’re into that whole tardis blue thing because that color is fab-u-lous on you! Writing slumps suck…I feel your pain. 🙂
    Debbie

It IS a striking color, isn’t it? I do a very loose interpretation of TARDIS blue, of course, but I am glad I finally found a blue that suits me. For the longest time, I didn’t wear blues because I felt they looked dull against my skin tone. I guess jewel tones are the trick!

Of course! So happy to hear it!

So you ARE getting my replies back! 🙂 And I did manage to make my word count this weekend, but only if I tell myself that Sundays are rest days and don’t count.

It’s a shame to hear that your novel has lost its novelty!

5. I saw the blue and I clicked super quick. This is a shade of blue I’ve been coveting for a while and haven’t managed to find. Ah, colour envy! You look great by the way. 🙂

Oh, my dear – it’s TARDIS…erm, I mean cobalt blue. And it’s everywhere! Just do a amazon/Shopstyle/eBay (or wherever you shop online) search for “cobalt” and you’ll find it! Good luck to you and thanks for the lovely compliment. 🙂

6. elemem says:

Would you add a Peretti cuff – gold mesh? Lovely!

7. This blue is amazing on you! And I LOVE the hat!

I know, right? It’s the first floppy hat I’ve owned that doesn’t obscure my vision when I wear it. It’s already seen multiple use at the beach this summer.

8. Rockin’ that fab bold blue again!

9. lookbeyondbeauty says:

Love it! The neck line is very nice 🙂

Great Harry Chapin song: “All my life’s a circle”. You’re gorgeous in disco and vivid blue!

11. Anne the SpyGirl says:

A diva for sure! Love the neckline detail on the dress. Shake your groove thing! xo