Treasure Tuesday :: of words, wilds, and wanting

7.22.14

Welcome to Treasure Tuesday! This is a series conceived by Greenthumb and interpreted by me.

Although her protocol is for participants to take all their pictures to her prompts and publish them in a single post, I’m going to break mine down in bite-sized portions.

Just because.

Yay, summer!

Presenting July’s third installment:

9pm: Okay, so it was 8 minutes past deadline, but I won’t quibble if you won’t. What’s more significant in this photo is the word count on my work in progress. And this pic was taken last Monday. Imagine what I’m at today! Can I get a hoo-rah?

7.22.14

Lever: I felt like such a traitor but could you have said no to these faces? They wanted to try out the competing fro-yo place, Menchie’s, down the street and it was closer than Yogurtland at the time so in we went. See all those levers? Yeah, loads more flavors than Yogurtland but at 10 cents more an ounce, I think I’ll keep to the status quo.

7.22.14

Stem: Doesn’t this picture make my neighborhood look magical and wild and Jane Austen-esque? Goes to show how pictures can lie. This was a bush? plant? shrub? on my way home from a brisk walk to Troop Leader’s house and back for Aly’s Scout prizes (Mom sold 512 boxes this year. Go, Mom!) and sure, the stems were flicking briskly in the breeze like heather in the wilds, but it’s still suburbia and Mcmansions here in good ol’ North Fontana. Nothing romantic about it. The picture is one of my better ones, though, considering the sun was in my eyes and iPhone screens are notorious for being miserable under glare.

7.22.14

Tagged , , , ,

20 thoughts on “Treasure Tuesday :: of words, wilds, and wanting

I love the stems!!!! I think that was a really clever one for Jill to choose.All of the shots were really picturesque and yet different!x

2. Greenthumb says:

Your grass photo is pretty, I have just been given 3 of these for the garden.

You did manage to make your Fontana look extra bucolic ; ) Can’t believe that other froyo place has more flavors than Yogurtland. I’m trying to think what 10 cents and oz works out to in the scheme of things. That’s the hard thing…I really have no idea how to eyeball an ounce of yogurt. Way to go on the word count!

You’ll be done with your novel in no time! It pays to be Type A, I guess.

Lever – I still need to find that one. Otherwise, I’m almost there. Maybe I need a trip to our frozen yogurt place…

5. jangrahammcmillen says:

Hoo-rah on your progress on your WIP. Pretty photos … a little more Watership Down, bunny level stuff than Austen-esque in feel, but what do I know?
    And, as always, adorable young ‘uns.

6. elemem says:

Red bristle grass, I think – a kind of “foxtail” — pretty stuff! Your children could be a very cute ad for Menchie’s

7. Pictures can be deceiving huh? Back in February I posted this one from my backyard. It makes it look like I live in a rural area up north. 😛

Your picture is a lot more accurate than mine, though. Wow, is that really all your land?! Luck duck!

• Pff, no that’s not all our land. Our property is about as wide as that picture and ends at the treeline (which is at the bottom of a steep hill). We own 0.18 acres.

But do you get racoons and other wildlife?

• The belt of trees is actually pretty narrow and there are houses on the other side, so there’s not that much wildlife. I’ve never seen a raccoon here. We saw some deer in the woods when it snowed (normally they’d blend in too much to see them, but they stood out in the snow) and we get bunnies in the backyard on occasion. Oh, and snakes (the neighbors’ dog died from a copperhead bite). 😦