OOTD :: of remixes and backwards attire

7.30.14

7.30.14

7.30.14

Hullo, Wordless Wednesday!

Thank you for another opportunity to style this velvet skirt. I was gonna get rid of it after this challenge but realized it could be remixed in other ways. Plus, it’s the only truly purple thing I own. Oh, and thank you also for another opportunity to wear my sweaters backwards. This cardi is one size too small when worn correctly (silly boobage splitting open the buttons) but just right when worn this way.

Top – J.Crew @ eBay
Skirt – eBay
Flats – Payless
Necklace – Steinmart

WIWW @ The Pleated Poppy
52 Pick-me-up @ SpyGirl

Tagged , , , , , ,

16 thoughts on “OOTD :: of remixes and backwards attire

1. You wear the backwards cardi so well! It looks like it’s supposed to be that way! I would be nervous that I would just feel like my clothes are on backwards all day. Does that happen to you? Also, those flowers are gorgeous and match your outfit perfectly!

Well, I think my long hair does wonders to camouflage the backwards effect. And I’ve long since learned that bravado gets you far, especially with teenagers. When confronted with things that are unorthodox or potentially embarrassing – Ms. Edwards, you’re wearing your clothes backwards; Ms. Edwards, we’re not reading out of the literature book this year?; Ms. Edwards, you just totally tripped over my backpack in your high heels – I just smile and say “yes” and move along like I meant to do it all along. 😀

2. This has all of my favorite colors all in one place…love it! I wore one of my cardigans backwards once and my daughter said, “Do you know you have your sweater on backwards?” Ummm…no. Thanks for telling me….ha!
    Debbie

Oooh! Out of the mouths of babes! Too bad she’s not a high schooler yet; you could’ve messed with her head and convinced her that it’s the newest fashion trend – all the blogsters say so! 😀

I really have to try the backward cardi thing pronto!

Backwards is fab! Love this look and must try it asap. xox

5. alexnguyen says:

Love the remix! You definitely know how to restyle pieces!
    -Alex of http://snippetswithalex.com
    {now hosting a giveaway!}

Thanks, but I have serendipity rather than skill on my side with this outfit. This was definitely not a deliberate move on my part.

6. please could you check out my fashion blog https://largerfeldentusiast.wordpress.com/ thankyou x

7. Ha! We both did a remixing post!

8. beardsandroses says: