OOTD :: of all things Doctor Who

10.14.14

10.14.14

10.14.14This was a given, right?

What other fandom has gotten so much press on this blog than Doctor Who? It stands to reason since it’s my most recent obsession and we all know how I am about new and shiny things.

I’m betting that this one has the longevity and staying power of Star Wars, though. After all, it’s got every element of geekdom that tickles my fancy: time travel, period pieces, spunky sidekicks, snarky protags, a plethora of quotable one-liners, and just enough of a fear factor that I can watch unhampered by my chicken-wimpiness.

Anyhoo, I thought to throw you for a loop with today’s ensemble. Normally, I’d go all out with a TARDIS blue everything outfit. Unfortunately, I’ve used up all my dresses of that hue and am now relegated to accessorizing with the color. But never fear – I’m in interp overdrive and I decided to think beyond color and go thematic instead.

Besides the fab TARDIS blue booties (which is the reason for this funny filter – the original photos came out too dark to show off the brilliance of the blue boots) and my TARDIS watch, then, I give you my take on a Clara outfit. I was going by these looks as my inspiration, playing mix and match with the few dresses I have left in my roster. I decided not to be so literal (you proud of me, Selah?) and to try capturing her vibe instead. She’s not too hard, really. After all, we’re both English teachers and we’re both quirky so, aside from the age difference, dare I say I’m actually a real-life Clara?

Now if only a mad man in a blue box would come a-calling…

Dress – ASOS
Cardi – tobi
Shoes – DVF

Sophisticated Style @ Fashionably Employed

Confident Twosday @ I Do deClaire/Whitney a la Mode

Keep thinking of that scary, gives-me-the-heebie-jeebies book inspiration for your outfit this Thursday!
Tagged , , , , , ,

19 thoughts on “OOTD :: of all things Doctor Who

The fact is I can’t remember any outfits that Rose or Amy wore except for that pink 50’s dress Rose wore (my pupils gave me a poster of her and the doctor on the vespa and decorated it with tissue paper flowers as a leaving present from my teacher training school 8 years ago. I only recently got rid of it!) but Clara, yep, her’s are memorable!
    Loving this outfit- the white piping is definitely reminiscent of tardis signs and edging! I love the whole thing!!

That WATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where oh where did you get it from???!?!!

I love the detail of this sweater. Just make sure that you aren’t smiling sadly like Clara does.

3. Love your boots! How fun! A great color for Fall pairing 🙂 xo~ Lena

Yes, you are a real-life Clara! Don’t go flirting with the maths teacher though : > Lovely look and you know I adore those shoes. xo

Ah, flirting with the maths teachers would be awkward since one’s married, one’s a woman, and one’s gay. Oh, and I’m married. LOL. ;p

5. Ada says:

Maricel, great dress and shoes. Such a beautiful monochromatic look. You look great, pretty lady. =)

6. I’m very proud! I could tell straight away that you were channeling Clara. She’s such a great inspiration, partly because she actually wears different outfits (seriously, what was up with some of the other companions?), but she has a very definite style. Also, TARDIS blue ankle boots? Awesome!

Well, Rose tended to change up her look depending on the time/place of the adventure, but I was not digging her style. Amy was an improvement but she was a bit too grunge for me. I think Clara and I are a sartorial fit.

7. chessakat says:

I *love* it! Huge Doctor fan here. You are a fab Clara!

Awww, thanks! I did think her style skewed a bit young for me (I thought her to be a young twenty-something) but when she’d mentioned an episode ago that she was actually in her late twenties, I felt a little better about myself. Silly, right?

8. Robyn says:

Loving your gorgeous blue booties! They are the perfect fall jewel tone! I scored some navy booties recently and can’t wait to rock them!

Robyn