OOTD :: of misinterpreting blue and fancy lace

11.4.14

11.4.14

11.4.14

I’d created this week’s outfits thinking I would still be in the throes of 50 Dresses. But if you’ve been counting, you’ll know that my 50th dress was worn on October 27th.

Yeah, that got away from us, didn’t it?

But because I was on a roll and because apparently I own more than 50 dresses (blush!) and because I’d already completed my photo shoot, you all get one more week of fun in frocks.

This one is another still-had-tags-on-it number and I guess I was waiting for the perfect day to wear it but I need to get over that “perfect day” nonsense and just wear clothes when I feel like it, yeah?  I think I originally bought it because I was seduced by the blue before I even realized what “TARDIS blue” really meant.

Now that I know better, it didn’t work for TARDIS Tuesday which is why the scarf, but as you can see by the detail photos, the lacework on the front is the real stunner here and it’s a shame to cover it up with the layers.

I really ought to have worn it when the weather was warmer. I just can’t win, can I?

Dress – francesca’s
Jacket –Luella Bartley for Target
Scarf – Old Navy
Booties – Fergalicious

Sophisticated Style @ Fashionably Employed

Tagged , , , , , ,

15 thoughts on “OOTD :: of misinterpreting blue and fancy lace

1. chessakat says:

Love this combo! TARDIS blue AND cute striped jacket? Sooo good!

I totally get you on the “saving things for the perfect moment”. I actually saved the duvet we received as a wedding present until C was about a year old!

3. I am guilty of having a couple of pieces with the tags still on them…not because I don’t like them…but because they are “too special” to just wear. Yeah, yeah, I know. This is ridiculous! But I just can’t get over that mindset.

Me neither, for the longest time. And then I realized I would never have any more moments in my life that are “too special”, barring my kids’ weddings and only if they did decide to marry. So now, I just wear the heck out of all my items, because it’s better to be overdressed than underdressed in my book.

4. I don’t know – the TARDIS has been various shades of blue over the years, so I think your dress counts all by itself. See here:

Patti & Jan – you’re in for a treat! Saturday’s episode was excellent. 🙂

So cute and in the best Tardis blue. Like Jan, I missed the Doctor this past Saturday and hope to catch up tonight. xox

6. Jan Graham-McMillen says:

There’s always next summer! And about a gillion ways to style that dress for winter, so I’ll look forward watching it play even better with some other friends!
    Looking cute, though, and isn’t that what counts? ‘Course it is.
    It’s been so nuts here that I haven’t even watched Who from last Saturday. Now, if it could be lucrative and busy all at once, I’d be a happier girl!

Ah, we’ll see if I allow it to come out and play again this season; I do have a plethora of skirts and pants that want their day in the sun.

Thankee kindly!

You ought to just wait for this Saturday and watch the two-parter back to back so no cliffhanger, yeah? That’s what I’m gonna do.