OOTD :: of argyle and true colours

I think I can be forgiven even more self-deprecating castigation because, of all my indoor pics this week, this batch is the most egregious in terms of colour misrepresentation.

Don’t believe me? What if I told you the underlayer is orange striped? Or that the skinnies are a vibrant tomato red-orange? The sweater is navy blue. And the loafers are a rich brown.

Were these pics an epic fail or what?

But, hey! You know what? I feel sassy and preppy and comfy in this ensemble, and at the end of the day, that’s really all that matters.

Top – tobi
Jeans – F21
Sweater – F21
Loafers – Croft & Barrow @ Kohl’s

Style to Inspire @ Rhea Etcetera

15 thoughts on “OOTD :: of argyle and true colours

1. I kinda like the fun colored photos. The last one has a sort of vintagy vibe!

Ah, thanks for the kind words. I bet you’re an amazing teacher with the ability to make all your students feel worthy and able. 🙂

2. How very preppy cute of you my friend! Love it. Indoor shots are such a pain in the butt…the lighting is a beast and there is literally nowhere in my house to shoot with natural light. That’s why, even though I’m freezing my butt off, I’m taking my shots outside until the polar vortex returns in full force.
    Debbie

3. Ada says:

I love the red argyle sweater. Paired with the red jeans it is a perfect Casual Christmas Look. I need some true-red, bright-red jeans. Ehhhh.

Enjoy the weekend, Maricel!!

I didn’t even think Christmas because in person, the reds skew more orange, but that’s a great idea, Ada! My version of holiday attire! Thanks for the observation and you enjoy the weekend also. 🙂

I think this is one of those “taking the pics with your phone” issues. In any case, the outfit is awesome no matter the colors. You know how much I love comfy.

Huh. I should do a straw poll to see which of my bloggy friends use their phone for pics and if so, what kind of phone they’ve got. Perhaps I should’ve listened to Greg’s advice and switched over to Android?

5. chessakat says:

Yeah, rainy, cloudy Seattle is not the easiest place to take photos, especially in my tiny house! Alas! Loving your red pants – I’m obsessed with colored pants lately. And loving the argyle! And layers! So cute.

Yes, but even though sometimes your photos are dim, they are still representative of the outfit’s colours so I suppose I should stop trying to be a Photoshop expert, use the natural indoor light and let the cards fall as they may.

Sassy and preppy for the win. I love a good argyle. xo

7. Gracious! My photos are all indoors, but I take them right next to a window for natural light. Even on cloudy days, I don’t have these kinds of issues with colors.
    I love the argyle, and I bet the pattern mixing of argyle and stripes is great!

I think that’s my problem – no natural light. I actually took all these pics at night because I was experimenting specifically with evening shots. Whitney sometimes has them on her blog and I thought being able to have that option would open up my schedule in terms of blogging photo opportunities but no dice. Guess I’m stuck taking pics over the weekend between the 3-4pm window. Sigh…