I’m baaack! Didja miss me?
To be frank, and at the risk of sounding churlish and cavalier, I certainly didn’t miss updating this blog. It was quite liberating not having to think of clever copy or race against the sun for photo ops for a glorious two weeks. And since I took a hiatus from my blog, I decided to go whole hog and cut myself off from social media for two weeks as well.
So a blanket apology to all my blog buddies – I didn’t comment on anyone’s posts because I opted for some much-needed “me” time. I hope I didn’t inadvertently insult you by being incommunicado.
But enough recriminations and guilt (gave that up for Lent several years ago and still going strong). Let’s take this first blog day of 2015 and revisit last year’s predictions, shall we? Here’s how it all went down:
- I will continue to obsess over Doctor Who and all things blue and/or Doctor Who inspired.
- I will phase out stilettos in favor of – gasp! – sensible shoes as my body and especially my feet continue to atrophy with age.
- Nope. Couldn’t do it. Love my stilettos. Comes from being fun-sized and being addicted to a long, lean silhouette.
- In keeping with #2, I’ll be pulling away from the classy/uptown looks and veering more into the funky/downtown ensembles.
- Hrmmm…I’d have to do a quick scan of my photos, but I think I was 50% successful with this one.
- It’ll be less about the clothes and more about the accessories.
- Do layers (both over and under) count as accessorizing? If not, I do think I utilized scarves a bit more last year but I neglected all my statement necklaces and pretty much forgot my bracelets.
- I’ll be more willing to spend more but shop less.
- Ahahahahaha! We all know how this one turned out!
So, should I even bother with 2015 predictions? It seems rather pointless and self-indulgent. How’s about we all agree to just take each day as it comes and follow Life Lesson #7 (No expectations)? That way, every day has the potential for greatness.
:: Just the facts, ma’am ::
Blazer – Charles Gray London via eBay
Top – Hot Topic
Pants – YOOX
Scarf – eBay
Stilettos – Type Z
:: Grooveshark it ::
Animal I Have Become by Three Days Grace