OOTD :: of Thoughtful Thursday and the definition of happiness

picstitch-3

Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.

― Denis Waitley

Sweater – Kohl’s
Skirt – gifted by Patti @ Not Dead Yet
Pumps – Janine @ Payless

Headstrong by Trapt

20 thoughts on “OOTD :: of Thoughtful Thursday and the definition of happiness

Very cute skirt!

Oh the skirt is really pretty!!! I love what you did here!x

3. chessakat says:

You are inspiring me with your prints! And fancy sweatshirt? Amazing.

Good words to live by. Beautiful skirt to live in! Isn’t it funny how you did a close-up of the top but everyone has mentioned the skirt so far? (I think the skirt is crying out for a Tardis-colored top.)

I know, right? On both comments. I didn’t even think about doing a close-up of the skirt since it photographs so nicely from afar. But yes, those are cherry blossoms and shopfronts. And yes, I may just feature it again with a TARDIS top. Oh, the possibilities…

5. Oh, I remember you mad hunting for a skirt like that – how sweet of Patti to gift it to you!

Isn’t it just? And this is why, no matter how busy I get, I can never truly give up my blog. I’ve made far too many good friends through it to abandon it now.

6. That skirt makes me happy! Haha. But this is a great quote, I could always use a little reminder of this.

I felt it was much-needed, especially after my bout of whining and negativity recently. Thank goodness I’m not a dweller, eh?

7. Anne the SpyGirl says:

Great quote. I’ll TRY to take it as my mantra today. It’s been a rough week at work.
    THAT SKIRT!

How funny! I was just mentioning to my teammate that this week has been the least exhausting of my school year yet. We’ve switched, methinks. And yes, the skirt is uh-mazing! Patti is uh-mazing! I’d Mad Hunted this exact same skirt for weeks, not finding it in my size and Patti had mentioned being unable to style it on her blog and I jokingly told her I wanted it and voilà! She gifted it to me. Style bloggers unite! 🙂

Love it! So glad you made it your own with this cool look, xox.

It was actually more challenging than I thought. In fact, I was getting ready to mail it back to you in despair. And then I remembered my penchant for juxtaposition and I thought: “Casual sweatshirt with dressy skirt? Why not?” Of course, that said, I ended up with a relatively dressy sweatshirt anyhow, but I think I now know what course of action to take with this piece in the future. Imagine it with a cropped moto jacket and Chucks! 😀