OOTD :: of red and plaid and velvet

picstitch

Hullo, Wordless Wednesday!

It’s retro 90s day and you didn’t even know it! This is how I wish I had the funds to dress back in high school.

Am I regressing? Or is it because there’s a new episode of Hindsight on tonight?

Top– F21
Blazer – Daisy Fuentes via eBay
Skirt – F21
Boots – jcp

WIWW @ The Pleated Poppy
The Lovely Lookbook @ Greater Than Rubies

Round Here by Counting Crows

23 thoughts on “OOTD :: of red and plaid and velvet

1. […] Maricel wore this outfit I promptly deemed it “too cool” for me. She, of course, challenged me to try […]

2. marie says:

GREAT skirt!
    Marie @ In Our Happy Place

3. chessakat says:

OMG, this is soooo cute I’m thinking about knocking you out and stealing it right off of you! Not really, but I would SO wear this, in the 90’s or today!!! I have GOT to watch this Hindsight show. Fer realz. I’m gonna figure it out TODAY.

Meh. You’re too tiny. All of this would fall off you. I’m easily two sizes too big compared to you. But we can certainly find you similar items and we can be twinsies. And YES! Watch it already! So we can fangirl squee!

4. I’ve been loving your black and white with a pop of color photos lately. Keep them coming! P.S. You are for sure the coolest, best-dressed teacher I know!

Awww, thanks, Whitney! Coming from a fellow educator, that’s high compliment indeed. I always feared my outfits – especially the more outlandish – would obscure my professionalism, but in a progressive school like ours, I guess I just fit right in.

Love the photographic effect! And the skirt, love the long skirt too. xox

Oh yeah…I have to use that link to start watching that show. It’s funny because when I think back to high school, the reality of “no money” always stares me in the face. Not fun!

It’s her going back to post college, though. Still perhaps not as fiscally stable but better than high school.

7. Anne the SpyGirl says:

This is most excellent. Again with the color on BW. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

It does look pretty nifty, doesn’t it? But only when there’s a pop of color. Wait till tomorrow’s offering; I think it may be a bit disappointing. :/

8. I’m not cool enough to wear this, but I LOVE it!