OOTD :: of alternate velvet

Hullo, Wordless Wednesday!

Thank you for not judging me for utilizing this velvet blazer over the green one I’d promised last Friday. I just didn’t feel like pulling on the tights that the green velvet outfit required me to do on an 80+ degree day.

Ah, winter! I blinked and I missed you…

Top – Gap
Blazer – eBay
Skirt – Boohoo
Boots – Merona @ Target

WIWW @ The Pleated Poppy

The Man Who Never Lied by Maroon 5

13 thoughts on “OOTD :: of alternate velvet

1. Dawn Lucy says:

Super cool look … and that black and white pic with the blue jacket … how did you do that?! FAB!! Adore your style! Don’t forget to link up Friday!
    Muah!
    Dawn Lucy

2. I’m impressed that you are wearing a velvet blazer on an 80 degree day in the first place. 80 degrees?!? I’m enjoying a snow day with a chance of snow squalls (yep, I had to look that one up) later this evening. I can’t even fathom what that warm weather must feel like. Enjoy it for me!

3. Why couldn’t you wear the green blazer with this outfit? Not that I’m complaining, the blue is lovely, but wouldn’t the green have worked with the rest of these pieces?

Oh, I’m sure it would’ve picked up the greens in the top nicely but I’d already created a separate outfit with it. Also, I liked the green all buttoned up but I also like the floral print of this top so if I’d paired them both, I’d have to give up one or the other.

Love this blazer – it’s fabulous in color and shape. xox

I’m glad you think so. I was tugging at the fronts this morning, thinking it was a bit ill-fitting around the girls…

My favourite colour, that blazer.IN fact I recently bought one in a charity shop and I am wearing (well, I’ve already worn it) for next TARDIS Tuesday- can you guess who I am cosplaying???? xx

What does the necklace say? xx

The necklace is a monogram, purchased from an Etsy seller if you want the link? It’s my second signature piece, along with my Viv Westwood knuckle ring.

6. That color of blue looks great on you!

Awww, thanks! I always thought I needed to stick with jewel tones with my skin tone, but now I’m embracing all blues. Glad it seems to be working.

7. V says: