OOTD :: of simple inspiration and a kick in the pants

picstitch

I was initially going to take a hiatus for my Spring Break – an entire week off from blogging so I can enjoy sleeping in, watching an obscene amount of anime and continuing to revise my novel, all clad in my pjs, of course.

And then Whitney – evil wench! – comes up with her Create 28 linkup and blasted that slothful notion out the water.

That sounded a lot more excoriating than I intended. I actually welcome Whitney’s challenge because a) it’ll get me out of bed in the morning because I have an outfit to look forward to and b) she can always be counted on to make these things so accessible and low-stress so participating actually enhances my break rather than intruding upon it.

Today’s topic is Patterned Bottoms and you can’t get any more obnoxiously patterned than a bold floral print. On a flared bell-bottom. Paired with a fun lace cardi that adds to the 70s/boho vibe, no less.

Yep, I’m pulling out all the stops. Because I can.

The big question here, of course, is: will I actually wear this outfit today or will I secretly snuggle back in bed in my pjs? The world will never know…

Top  – H&M
Cardi – eBay? I’ve truly forgotten where
Palazzos – F21
Wedges – Mossimo Supply Co.

Create 28 @ Whitney à la mode
Visible Monday @ Not Dead Yet

Hold My Hand by Hootie & the Blowfish

17 thoughts on “OOTD :: of simple inspiration and a kick in the pants

1. Oh hay cutie! Loving those printed palazzo pants! Yay for a break (in life that is!)
    xoxo,
    Nikki at http://www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

Enter my Mint Julep Boutique giveaway here!

2. Ada says:

Love the gorgeous aqua floral Palazzo Pants. You wear them so well!

Thank you. When I bought them, I was at a loss as to how to style them but was enamored of the color and print so I kept them in the hopes of being inspired later on.

3. So freaking cute! Let us know if you went back to bed though : > Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, xo.

Couldn’t go back to bed coz had mommy duties, but at least I didn’t have to put on my face or comb my hair. LOL.

4. Bwahahaha! I’ve never been called an evil wench before (although I’m sure some of my students think it) and I’m totally cracking up! And believe me, I feel your pain! I did the whole first week of the challenge during Spring Break and struggled with the getting dressed every day thing…and it’s my own challenge! I think you will wear this outfit today because it looks just as comfy as pajamas!

Ah, you know I mean it in the most affectionate way possible. 🙂

And thanks again for giving me the prompts ahead of time. Weather permitting, I’m gonna use some of my Spring Break down time to pre-prep the following weeks as far as I can. Hoorah for overachieving planners!

5. chessakat says:

I was thinking the same as Selah – I bet you end up wearing it because this looks cute AND comfy! Love those pants!

I may just save this outfit and recycle it for work, along with the other outfits I’d created and featured here but never wore due to some circumstance or another.

6. I bet you end up wearing this look – at least the top and pants, which look just as comfy as pajamas!

7. Anne M Bray aka SpyGirl says:

Aha, maybe I can get the day’s prompt from you! Because I know you were sent the list early (you so special) and you make the theme really obvious. I was all ready to do a one day time delay. I’m doing the challenge with my socks. “Patterned Bottoms”? Piece of cake!

Love this look! The combination of colors is so pretty and perfect for “Spring”.