OOTD :: of orange, teal, and summer ready

picstitch

This week is brought to you by: “bright colors, orange, teal, lace, a skirt, a jean jacket, flats and sunglasses”.

For your viewing pleasure, I give you: bright colors, orange, teal, a skirt, and sunglasses.

The extra bits: When Whitney did her Blogging Besties rendition last week, I was beyond thrilled. After all, turquoise/teal and orange is one of my all-time fave color combos, Miami Dolphins notwithstanding (and no, I’m not a fan).

Sadly, I’m not much of a teal person, and I’ve worn my one and only teal top numerous times already, so I was all set to just do bright colors and a skirt for my “pass it on” items.

My OCD wouldn’t leave well enough alone, however. Scanning my closet, I realized I’d not worn this skirt since its acquisition. And it’s pretty teal, I thought. And that aforementioned lone teal top went with it like they were meant to be together.

So I committed to the color and decided, Ah what the hell. Let’s go whole hog! Let’s find some orange and do it right.

The sunnies were a happy accident. I’d forgotten it was part of the item list and I only wore mine because I didn’t feel like putting on my face for this pictorial and I needed camouflage. With their addition, this outfit feels fun, flirty and summer ready.

Thirty more days of school.

Vive le vendredi!

Top – Ross
Cardi – F21
Skirt – Proenza Schouler for Target
Shoes – Chucks

Blogging Besties @ Whitney à la mode and Undergraduate Style
Fun Fashion Friday @ Fashion Should Be Fun

Rain King by Counting Crows

25 thoughts on “OOTD :: of orange, teal, and summer ready

1. […] be my season color palette of choice. Because I believe I’ve already done this combo – last Friday, in fact – and although there was a repeat in the Blogging Besties prompt (orange), I […]

2. Ada says:

This outfit is so cute. I love, lore turquoise with coral or orange. You look both pretty and happy!

3. I’m so happy when went all the way since this is one of your favorite color combinations! Your sunnies and skirt makes me want to go on vacation RIGHT NOW! Speaking of vacation, it sounds like your summer starts sooner than mine (jealous). When are you done?

Last day with kids is June 5 but we have summer professional development through June 18. Don’t be jealous – we started super early in August to get out like this.

I really like it! Orange and turquoise are such fab companions.x

5. Dawn Lucy says:

Love teal and orange! So tropical & summery! Have a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for linking up!
    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy

6. vacationmode says:

Great look, so festive and fun!

7. I adore that skirt!! Such a fun outfit!!

inconformistafashionista.wordpress.com

8. Jan Graham-McMillen says:

Hello! Love this! Glad to see you again, with you looking so well and frisky. Pretty combo … I’m kind of in love with blue and orange again this year, and I’m delighted with all the neutrals to ground the brights. Makes me happy just to look at these great photos. Skies today are gray here, so thank you for the day brightener.
    Am coming out of self imposed MIA status and hope to maintain momentum. See you around the spheres, kiddo!

YES!!! Jan’s back!!! Can’t wait to read more provocative, erudite ramblings from you, m’dear!

And yeah, we had grey skies today too which is why I ended up wearing a wool pea coat over this sunny ensemble. Sigh…

9. Fab outfit and I love the blue toes ! I host a link up every Wednesday (still live), it would be great if you could stop by 🙂

10. chessakat says:

I was skeptical reading the title in my inbox – orange and teal? I love them both separately, but….But WOW, I *love* it! Such a great combo! You totally look summer-ready!

11. Lorelei Ortega says:

It really does remind me of summer!

12. Sheela Goh says:

Well hello there, Little Miss Fun, Flirty & Summer Ready 🙂 you look positively vivacious. With your consent, I might borrow this palette for a future post of my own?

No consent necessary! I say go for it and fly your fab colors proudly! 😀 (“Vivacious” is a fantastic word!)