OOTD :: of leopards or cheetahs…or jaguars?

Whitney’s Create28 prompt for today is Leopard Print.

And can I be honest? Any time someone throws this challenge at me, I always have to do a Google search to refresh my memory. Because, I dunno about you, but wild cat prints confuse the heck out of me.

So if you’re like me, here you go:

You’re welcome. 😜

My top is decidedly, accurately leopard and I truly love the print. My only reservations regarding it is the tendency to either look like one is about to go on safari or one is trying too hard to revisit one’s youthful clubbing days, depending on how it’s styled.

By pairing it with a crisp, cool white – both with the bottom and the completer piece – I believe I’ve managed to avoid both fashion pitfalls.

Do you like cat prints? How do you style them if you do?

Top  – tobi
Blazer – F21
Skirt – Boohoo
Wedges – Mossimo Supply Co.

Create28 @ Whitney à la mode

Oblivion by Bastille

19 thoughts on “OOTD :: of leopards or cheetahs…or jaguars?

1. Carrie says:

I have a similar sleeveless top and I love it! Excellent pairing with the the white – I’m inspired. Thanks for linking up!

2. Ada says:

OH I LOVE THIS, MARICEL! I WORE MY LEOPARD BLOUSE YESTERDAY WITH WHITE SKINNY JEANS AND A KHAKI JACKET – come take a peak! Very similar to your outfit. I will try it with my white skirt and a white blazer as well as my white skinnies and a white blazer instead of the khaki one.

Have a great weekend! ❤ Ada.

Ha! Great minds think alike! You look quite fetching in your ensemble and I envy your ability to wear khaki so close to your face. 😉

I’m really not keen on animal prints, esp browny ones like this but you make it work with it in small doses and delicious white accompaniment.x

I really like the white pairing : ) Very Hollywood in the best way!

5. I love leopard on others (like you!) but not on me (and I’ve tried it, trust me). I love tortoise shell though, which really looks quite similar, huh?

6. robjodiefilogomo says:

Love it paired with the white.
    I have cat prints on me everyday (little pieces of cat hair since I live with 2 of them….ha ha) jodie
    ps…that’s why i have stock in the lint rollers!

LOL! That is a purr-fect interpretation of cat-print indeed. Sadly, I’m allergic to cats. And my husband loathes them for irrational reasons. So I’m a dog owner meself. ;p

Love the white suit-look! Very femme and reminiscent of John Travolta in that wonderful 1978 movie : >

8. Anne M Bray aka SpyGirl says:

Mrow! I am a feline aficionado — both the printed variety and the living, breathing four-legged kind. Wouldn’t you know, I use leopard print as a neutral. (It’s usually earth tones, right?). I’ll mix my leopard with just about anything. The latest was layering my B&W cheetah (mate to your cardi) under my turq/red/brown kimono fabric tunic. Cat power to the nth!
    I like your notion of mixing it with white. Purr-fect!

9. Before I started reading blogs there is NO WAY I would have worn animal prints. Likewise, I thought leopard print was meant for skin-tight, clubbing dresses. Now I can’t get enough (obviously). I think my leopard print flats might be my most-loved shoes. I really like your leopard top paired with white and wedges. You’ve made the print really appropriate for spring and summer!

There’s a fine line, right? Especially for us in the secondary education profession, where I feel we have to put on a “costume” every day to appeal to our “audience”. The older I get, the more concerned I am about not looking like a “cougar”, which is ironic since I love cat prints, right?