OOTD :: of ticking off the boxes

Whitney’s prompt today was New Favorite Trend. And I dunno if it’s an actual trend per se, but my new fave thing this season is the tulle skirt.

I’ve now acquired three of them, and I plan on keeping an eye out for more. I’m not Mad Hunting them, especially since summer and no paycheck time is around the corner, but if I stumble upon one in a color I don’t have yet, and if the price is right, I wouldn’t say no.

Today’s tulle skirt was a deliberate purchase, however. TARDIS blue tulle? Fuggedaboutit. When I saw it featured on Pinterest, I knew it had to be mine. It was a little pricey, but with judicious Googling and the discovery of a promo code, it ended up being about the same price as my first one.

So, New Favorite Trend for Whitney? Check.

TARDIS Tuesday? I’m in blue. Check.

Anne’s 52 Pick-me-up prompt? Forget-me-not. Check.

And as if the happiness factor of killing multiple birds with one stone isn’t through the roof already, how about we toss in a sassy pair of leopard pumps? I haven’t been able to stop grinning all day!

tardistuesdaysnewcopy

Jacket – Old Navy
Skirt – Chicwish
Pumps – Merona

52 Pick-me-up @ SpyGirl
Create 28 @ Whitney à la mode

All We Are by OneRepublic

15 thoughts on “OOTD :: of ticking off the boxes

1. YES! I need a tulle skirt in my life (although I’m thinking blush pink). This outfit is perfection!

TARDIS blue tulle! My sister used to have a TARDIS blue proper ballet tutu! How I loved it! You look very pretty indeed!!!! How does teacher pay work for you? We get paid over the summer x

We’re salaried but we only get 11 paychecks (well, actually 22 checks because we’re paid bimonthly). So it’s up to us as individuals to stash away a percentage of all those checks to tide us over during that twelfth summer month when they don’t cut as checks.

3. Chelsea says:

I adore this tulle skirt! Such a vibrant color and so fun! I wish I had one now but alas, I have been traveling and when carrying your life on your back, a tulle skirt is not at the top of the packing list. What a shame! haha!

Chelsea
    Ginger Side of Life

Ah, but I think I’d rather be traveling with less clothes than staying put with a plethora. That said, when you get back from your wanderings, I believe Charlotte Russe now has this color on sale. They didn’t when I had a hankering for it and I had to buy mine for more at another place. Sigh. Good things do come to those who wait…

4. Pretty! Is the jacket white or blush pink?

5. Anne M Bray aka SpyGirl says:

Hahahaha. Patti is going to raid your closet for both the skirt AND the pumps.

I have a hot pink number that I may have gotten at Cowboys and Poodles on Melrose in the 80s. Or maybe at my favorite, long-gone thrift store on [east-of-Lake] Colorado Blvd in Pasadena.
    Did you ever cruise Melrose as a teen?

I have a link for a DIY tulle skirt, if you’re interested. Then you can make ANY COLOR that you desire. But really — a TARDIS tulle trumps all.

OMG, I lived on Melrose as a teen. It was where my then-supercool-boyfriend would take me in his convertible Toyota Celica for Friday night outings. Ah, good times!

Ah that skirt! It calls to me! You look lovely in it, but you better lock your closet doors. xox

So maybe it’s a good thing we aren’t neighbors? ;p Just kidding – I’d totally let you borrow this skirt indefinitely if we were next door to each other. I think the blue would play brilliantly with your eyes!