OOTD :: of Thoughtful Thursday and work-appropriate shorts part trois

Let’s take a break from pithy quotes and be thoughtful instead about what makes us happy.

Tagged by Selah @ A Bibliophile’s Style, I am now going to attempt to muster up a list and resuscitate a bit of joy in my life. In no particular order:

I am more happy than not when…

• I get to sleep in and then wake up to multiple cold spots on the bed when I stretch out.
  • The anime I’m watching ends with a satisfying, non-cliffhanger-y conclusion.
  • Every single person in my family actually likes the dinner I cooked.
  • A lesson plan I created at the very last minute during carpool ends up successful for all four of my House rotations.
  • All the photo shoots for my weekly outfits come out aces on the first try.

I’m tagging…
Alyson @ Adventures with Alyson
Hunter @ Unraveling
Anne @ SpyGirl
Patti @ Not Dead Yet Style
Jan @ Fort Smith Stylista

And let’s not forget Shorts Strategy #3: Wear something wild and crazy up top to take attention away from the bottom.

P.S. Guess the country! Yesterday‘s was Japan!

Top – some random boutique online
Blazer – F21
Shorts – Old Navy
Sandals – Payless

52 Pick-me-up @ SpyGirl

:: Scream it from the top of your lungs::
Miss Missing You by Fall Out Boy

23 thoughts on “OOTD :: of Thoughtful Thursday and work-appropriate shorts part trois

Wait…then I just saw a book titled…”More Happy Than Not”. Was that a reference? If so, how is it?

I think Selah referenced the book but I’ve not read it. I saw the Goodreads blurb and am definitely not interested, but still participated in the tag anyway because I’m a sucker for listicles. ;p

• Yes, it’s a book. The tag was created by a book blogger as a way to promote the book. Like Maricel, the book doesn’t interest me either, but I thought the tag was fun. 🙂

Wow! I was going to say that you have high standards for happiness, but they’re even higher for being more happy than not!

Mmmmm, cold spots!!!!! Yes indeed! Love your happy list! I did one today too (and am.wearing TARDIS Tuesday today!!!x

4. robjodiefilogomo says:

I was going to say Mexico, but knowing you that’s too obvious, so Hungary also comes to mind!!! jodie
    ps…I think it’s good to be aware of the good things in our lives—nice list!

5. I say Mexico to this one! That blazer is so fun and cheerful 🙂 And a big YES to waking up and finding cold spots…I just try not to kick my cat in the meantime…

6. Sheela Goh says:

I was going with either Mexico or the Philippines 🙂 question, do you not feel blazers can only be paired with sleeveless or long sleeved tops? I have this nasty habit of tugging and pulling for the latter option and, therefore, much prefer the former. I am obsessed with a smooth blazer line/sleeve.

Mexico for this one, my friend. And yes, I, too, like a smooth blazer line but can mitigate potential issues by investing in lined blazers. Stupid for SoCal, but there ya go. ;p

Ahh the cool side of the pillow. Now that is happy. xox

8. Anne M Bray aka SpyGirl says:

Errr, these shorts have the same issues as yesterday’s. LOVE the peasant top paired with the floral blazer. Would enjoy seeing a floral triple-play with a floral skirt. Up for the challenge? Heehee.

• Anne M Bray aka SpyGirl says:

Ah, my list of joy. Will ponder during the commute today.

Must be the pose and the pics, then? Because these shorts are actually the same as Monday’s with a looser leg and therefore I kept them. You think I ought to return these as well?

Hrm…floral triple challenge. I shall ponder how I could make that happen without looking too much like a clown.

• Anne M Bray aka SpyGirl says:

Maybe the pose. They look a bit blocky, it’s up to you if you’re comfortable in them!

Heehee re clown look. I had that going on Tuesday. In all synthetic fibres — VINTAGE synthetics. On the weird day it was cloudy and 90º (humid NY summer weather). Not happy. Had to deploy the desk fan.

9. I don’t think the dinner one has ever happened to me. :/ Maybe if I make grilled cheese sandwiches or pancakes.

You told me yesterday was China! Japan more sense, with your manga / anime obsession.

I have several ideas for today, but my first guess is Mexico.