OOTD :: of successful Mad Hunting and dress doppelgangers

This week is brought to you by: “a printed dress, statement necklace, summer wedges, florals, cobalt blue, and hot pink”.

For your viewing pleasure, I give you: a printed dress, summer wedges, florals, cobalt blue, and hot pink.

The extra bits: When I saw Alex’s dress last week, I didn’t even think twice. Shamelessly, I Mad Hunted a similar one because I. fell. in. love.

I mean, can you really blame me? It was TARDIS blue. It had vibrant orange accents (and we all know how I love that cobalt/orange combo). It had that fabulous floral print in that almost mirror-like, symmetric pattern. and it was London Times, which I think is similar or the same company as Maggy London? (Or is the word “London” just serving to discombobulate me?)

Anyhow, I went to Poshmark and searched and fell out of my chair when this beaut popped up for a mere $10. It’s practically Alex’s dress’s doppelganger, right? Of course, I didn’t think it’d come in time for today, but it did and I wept a bit from sheer joy inside and immediately snapped pics of me in it before the sun set and now I’m in bliss.

So much so that I’m even eschewing Chucks Friday just so I can dupe Alex’s look item for item (sans statement necklace because, frankly, I forgot. And also, I think the neckline of my dress needs no statement anyhow).

No actual connection to United Nations today, but if you think you can make a connection of your own, I’ll give you extra credit.

Vive le vendredi!

Dress – Maggy London via Poshmark
Wedges – Payless

Blogging Besties @ Whitney à la mode and Undergraduate Style
Fun Fashion Friday @ Fashion Should Be Fun

:: Scream it from the top of your lungs ::
Hum Hallelujah by Fall Out Boy

14 thoughts on “OOTD :: of successful Mad Hunting and dress doppelgangers

1. LOOOOVE this dress! Also perhaps your United Nations connection could be the U.K. (because of the whole Maggy London/London Times thing?)

Lovely dress!!! Really was worth the mad hunt, TARDIS blue for goodness sake. Speaking of which, why has it not linked up! xx

Will link it right now! 😀

• Kezzie says:

Did you see the lovely and cool girl Kathrine I managed to persuade to link up. I’ve been reading her Ig for ages and she has some cool Doctor Who stuff, she did that one as a test and she’s going to try and join in properly another time! x x

Oh, her dress is brilliant! And all that Doctor Who swag! She’s definitely our kind of people and huzzahs to you for convincing her to give our linkup a try. 😀

3. How about The Netherlands? I know the flowers on your dress aren’t tulips, but the vibrant colors make me think of the tulip fields:

4. SO SO stinking perfect! You look absolutely lovely! And I think this could pass for a Caribbean country? With the blue of the water and the tropical flowers. What do you think?

Oh, I like that idea! And you can thank Alex for this dress. She truly inspired its Mad Hunt and subsequent purchase.

So Tardis, so lovely and full of summer! xox

Oh, it IS summer, isn’t it? I didn’t think so because I always equate TARDIS blue with fall, but there ya go! It must be the flowers.